Re: Fuel Tank

Old, stale fuel won't cause any damage to the fuel tank. It will muck
it up with sludge which can be cleaned out with a lot of rags, paper
towels, and acetone. The biggest trouble with stale fuel is the mess
it makes to the internals of the fuel system. One year isn't too bad.
Just suck it ALL out, refill with fresh, high octane. Until you get
the old fuel out DO NOT run the fuel pump. That will just push the old
stuff into the entire system. Once you get the new gas in if the
system isn't too dirty the new fuel will loosen the crud and the fuel
pump will circulate it into the fuel filter. After maybe 2 or 3
tankfills it would be a good idea to change the fuel filter. The big
deal in the fuel tank is to make sure all of the parts are there,
installed correctly, and not deteriorated. If the suction hose on the
bottom of the fuel pump is mushy or split it should be replaced as it
can collapse or kink under vacuum from the pump.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Charlie <charlie_az@xxxx>"