Young Ladies and DeLoreans [was Pic of the Month]

David Swingle wrote:

> Who says girls don't dig DeLoreans. . . . . . .

What a coincidence! That was practically an engraved invitation to post this true story.

Last Saturday evening my wife, Patti, and I stopped to gas up the DeLorean. There were four other cars at the
station, all driven by attractive 19ish young ladies dressed for a night on the town. They were obviously going
somewhere together.

As soon as my gullwing door went up, the girls went nuts.

"Ooh! What a cool car!"
"Is that a Ferrari?"
"Can we touch it?"
"It's soooo shiny!"

In a second I was surrounded by female DeLorean admirers. These young ladies asked none of the usual questions; I
don't think they even recognized that it was a DeLorean. They did know that it was a great looking car, and so they
showered it with gushing compliments. I enjoyed their enthusiasm as I fueled up. Patti enjoyed it, too, though
perhaps not as much as I did.

While I was at the cash register, through the window I saw Patti step away from the car, leaving both doors up.
Then I saw the flash of a camera strobe. I stepped outside to watch the girls taking turns posing with my
DeLorean. One would snap a picture while two or three others clung to the open doors, leaned against the fenders,
or draped themselves across the hood.

An impromptu photo shoot at the gas station.

Wow.

The DML is never gonna believe this!

Maybe they were college photography students. Maybe they were professional models. Maybe they were something
else. All I know for certain is that they were genuinely excited to see, touch, and be photographed with my
DeLorean.

And they weren't being graded or paid for it.

- Mike Substelny
VIN 01280, 8 years