Temp compensating struts

In a message dated 1/11/01 10:18:47 AM Eastern Standard Time,
jtrealty@xxxx writes:

<< I can think of one possible improvement, a temperature compensating
strut, >>

Since the struts lose their lift in time, (as well as having less lift in
cold weather,) I've been thinking about getting a second set so that with the
right torsion bar adjustment, I can use my new struts for extra lift in cold
weather, and the older ones instead in warm weather. Easier than adjusting
the torsion bars twice a year. Just haven't gotten around to trying it yet.
Of course an automatically adjusting strut would be even easier. But a lot
of extra engineering, perhaps.

-Wayne
vin 11174
in the driveway... I don't drive on salt! :-p