Re: [DML] Radio

I replaced the radio in my Delorean with a new Alpine unit model CDA-7863,
and there is still at least an inch or so more room in the back. The specs
for the Alpine say the chassis depth is 155mm (6-1/8"). This is valid for
models 7965, 7864, 7862, & 7862. I think you are safe with any CD player
that does not have a built in changer. But I would do some measuring before
you buy anything deeper than 7". Hope this puts things in perspective.

Also, before you go hacking up your original dash to take a DIN radio, you
might want to keep that aside and buy a reproduction dash piece through
Mid-State's website that is already pre-cut to take a DIN radio. Unless you
are good at cutting sheet metal, I suggest buying the pre-cut DIN model
instead of trying to convert your OEM two-post radio bracket.

If you need help mounting the radio, read the back issues where I explain
how I made spacers to mount mine.

Walt Tampa, FL