[DML] Re: New to the list and looking for a DeLorean

[DML] Re: New to the list and looking for a DeLorean

In a message dated 3/5/00 12:41:22 PM Eastern Standard Time, Sokar@xxxx
writes:

<< it's kinda hard to find a DeLorean
out here >>

For the amount you're willing to spend, $20,000 you can definitely find a
decent De Lorean. They're out there. But you'd be wise to not jump on the
first one you see. Better to lurk in e-space reading these posts for awhile
to get a feel of what to look out for. And be willing to spend some $
travelling to see a few. Don't buy sight unseen because the pictures looked
great. You may be sadly disappointed. I spent well over $700 on mine last
week... but I wasn't surprised or disappoointed. I had done my homework, and
though I'm not a mechanic, I could see when I looked under the car that the
coolant hoses were leaking. And I could guess the brake lines were ancient.
If I thought I was buying a car I'd never spend any money on, I'd be
horrified. But I bought it (for $13K) fully expecting to need to spend at
least another $3k+ to bring it up to what it should be, mechanically.
They're on the market all the time. Get to know what's out there, for your
own protection. Just my 2 cents worth.

-Wayne A. Ernst
"Living the dream"
VIN...11174