[DML] No Subject

>I've worked with rusting bars many times before. I put them on the lathe and
spin one slow. As it turns, I use a scotch brite pad (blue) on an air sander
and remove as much rust as I can. Then I use a corrosion inhibitor and let
it sit for a day then its re-powder coated.<

DO NOT DO THIS WITH DELOREAN TORSION BARS!!

DeLorean torsion bars are cryogenically set - they receive 9 turns at
a very cold temperature to give them their torsional strength. As a
result, there are enormous surface tensions in the bars. Even
a small scratch can weaken the bars enough that they can
shatter.

Michael A. Griese
Storage Software Development Manager
IBM Storage Systems Division