[DML] Re: Doors Touching and Roof Section Rust (was: Structural Question

[DML] Re: Doors Touching and Roof Section Rust (was: Structural Question:)

Steve,
Roof cage rusting is extremely rare, in 14 years we have only seen two cars
with this problem. As you had mentioned it looks as if your roof was not
properly sealed.

DMC Joe / DeLorean Services / <dmcjoe@xxxx>
Web Site: <http://www.deloreanservices.com>

----------
> From: Steve <dmc@xxxx>
> To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [DML] Re: Doors Touching and Roof Section Rust (was: Structural
Question:)
> Date: Wednesday, May 05, 1999 5:37 PM
>
> The reason I discovered the following problem, was that I removed the
roof
> T-Panel in order to try and prevent my doors from touching it. I still
> have not corrected this problem, but have been told that it is normal for
> the rear corners of the doors to slightly touch the inside corners of the
> roof T-Panel, and that a lot of cars came from the factory that way.
>

> On Tue, 4 May 1999, DMC Joe wrote:
> > The entire roof section is reinforced with steel, the factory refereed
> > this as the "roof cage" or "spider".
>
> On this topic, I thought I'd bring up a problem that I had with my
Delorean.

http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/65