[DML] Re: Fuel Tank

Hi Luke,

I had the same problem with mine when I first got my car. I made the mistake of
draining all the fuel out first. Wished I had left it in later though. The way I got
mine out was just by pushing and prying. BE VERY CAREFUL NOT TO POKE A HOLE IN THE
TANK, IT IS PLASTIC. You do need to remove the two cooling pipes that run along each
side of the tank. It makes life a lot easier. The book says to just move them out of
the way but they always pop back. Work at the small back end of the tank. The front
part sits on a shelf and must be moved rearward to drop down. Make sure you have
your shop jack under the the tank when it starts to drop. The tank empty only weighs
about 20-30 pounds. You might try fishing a wire over the top to give you something
to pull down on.

Dave