[DML] Re: The Bricklin

Bricklens and DeLoreans have a lot in common. They were both ventures
of single entropenures have gull wing doors, were only in production 18
months and were both produced in the middle of recessions. (Where the
resessons created to make sure these car makers did not succeed?)

The bricklen was conceived as a safety vehicle. (50 mph head on
surviability without air bags, had hydralic doors (later up graded to
compressed air) and excellant side impact protection. The 390 V-8
powered car with the 3.42 could turn the quarter mile in the mid 14s. A
true performance car. Fuel economy was only 13 mpg.

We have been trying to encourage joint events with Bricklin owners.
They have been provided with our meeting schedule for the national
magazine. I encourage other clubs to also seek out these people. If you
need info please contact me directly.

Deloreans owners should be aware that over 50% of all Bricklins have
been modified from stock. This has improved the cars and the modified
ones are actually worth more than the stock cars (provided the are
improved in good taste. )

eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/group/dmcnews