[DML] Re: PRV Fuel Enrichment

Actually the PRV runs quite well with absolutely no fuel enrichment
whatsoever. I know because that's how I took possession of my own
copy. Had fuel metering of course, but no enrichment beyond that.

I am now running one enrichment mechanism only -- through the CPR (038
series, much simpler than 066).

Martin Gutkowski has also jetisoned most of his Lambda based
enrichment mechanisms with good results.

Do not confuse the core engine with later bolt on systems.

Earliest PRV's were carbureted -- the epitome of simple. Didn't
receive fuel injection until 1975. Didn't receive our K Jetronic
system until 1978 or 1979. All this happened north of the heads --
engine itself remained unchanged until 1987 (albeit with varying
pistons and connecting rods, and of course the increase in cylinder size).

Remember: anything added to an engine can be removed later, returning
it "to basics".

List member in California plans to do a carburetor conversion (A
series manifold) on his stock DeLo PRV this summer. Factory ignition
will remain intact. I can't wait for the results to be posted...

Bill Robertson