      1. Re: Moment of Truth
           From: "content22207" <brobertson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
      2. Radiator bleed barb
           From: "content22207" <brobertson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
      3. Re: Key codes for two key cars
           From: "content22207" <brobertson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
      4. DMC Shops
           From: "sharkywtrs" <dmc83n99@xxxxxxx>
      5. Re:Key Cutting
           From: doctorDHD@xxxxxxx
      6. Re: Helicopter
           From: kayoong@xxxxxxx
      7. Re: Comments from a British Taxpayer
           From: kayoong@xxxxxxx
      8. Re: DMCH struts
           From: "The Atkinson Family" <mikeatk@xxxxxxx>
      9. Re: DMCH struts
           From: "The Atkinson Family" <mikeatk@xxxxxxx>
     10. Re: What Tires to get??
           From: "therealdmcvegas" <DMCVegas@xxxxxxxx>
     11. Re: Moment of Truth (second response)
           From: "content22207" <brobertson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
     12. Re: "Where did you get it?"
           From: "media1524" <brentlun@xxxxxxxxxx>
     13. Re: DMCH struts
           From: Samuel <samuel_yahoo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
     14. Re: Looking at a new CD radio--need advice
           From: "L. Sandel" <ls@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
     15. Re: Moment of Truth
           From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxx>
     16. Re: Moment of Truth (third thought)
           From: "content22207" <brobertson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
     17. Re: "Where did you get it?"
           From: "thomaspaulmccoy" <thomaspaulmccoy@xxxxxxxxx>
     18. Re: Overheating
           From: "vin2105" <phil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
     19. Re: Looking at a new CD radio--need advice
           From: FSMinc@xxxxxxxx
     20. RE: Helicopter
           From: "Arnie Brandon" <arnie@xxxxxxxx>
     21. Re: Moment of Truth
           From: "cruznmd" <racuti1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
     22. Welding the head
           From: Travis Goodwin <tgoodwin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
     23. Re: "Where did you get it?"
           From: "Toby Peterson" <tobyp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
     24. Re:Key Cutting
           From: Sean Mulligan <sean_mulligan@xxxxxxxxx>
     25. Re: Re: "Where did you get it?"
           From: Sean Mulligan <sean_mulligan@xxxxxxxxx>

Message: 1
   Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2003 03:13:07 -0000
   From: "content22207" <brobertson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Moment of Truth

Pigeon Forge is a year away...

One tooth makes all the difference in the world. Translates into a LOT
of rotor travel (how many teeth are on the worm gear? Divide 360 by
that and you'll see what you're up against). Despite my best efforts,
got mine one off (removed to better access heater core take off). Seem
to remember something interfering with far swing in direction I needed
to go. Pulled upper air assembly off AGAIN (by that time was getting
real good) and reinstalled one tooth over. Success.

You can diagnose with timing light as you rotate engine with starter
motor only. Slow, but it does work. Either jump the solenoid, or con a
willing family member into turning the key.

You did re-index TDC cylinder #1... (stock PRV has two marks on crank
pully so it doesn't matter which stroke you were on).

BTW: How did you finally remove crank pully? I've got to replace seal
in timing case cover so mine's coming off too.

Bill Robertson

>--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "cruznmd" <racuti1@xxxx> wrote:
> Ok kids, here's what's happening:
>
> I bought a big honkin' Optima battery. I discovered my grounds and
> battery connections were dirty so I cleaned them up. That got the
> starter to engage. Hooked up the alternator belt and the little wire
> for the "discharge" light on the dash. Oil, coolant, etc.
>
> By now, it was getting dark, so I didn't fool with it for long.
>
> The engine squeaks. It's -bone dry-. I did my best to get the timing
> as close as I could, but the car didn't start. It tried once or
> twice. I had a helper crank the engine, and I felt it puff a feeble
> sort of back fire a couple of times.
>
> I think it's the timing. I feel very confident that I set the chains,
> pistons, and valves correctly. I rotated the engine by hand, and
> nothing was interfering. The distributor though...
>
> Here's what I did: Set piston 1 at TDC. Then I set the rotor in the
> distributor in line with electrode #1 in distro cap. I then installed
> the distributor and put the cap on, making sure they were still in
> line.
>
> Hm...TDC? It's supposed to be 13 degrees -before- TDC, right? Am I an
> entire gear tooth off, or can I adjust 13 degrees with the swing in
> the distributor?
>
> The really good news? The engine isn't pukeing any fluids.
>
> Come on guys, I'm close. Help me out, I want to go to Pigeon Forge!
>
> Rich

Message: 2