[DMCForum] DMV

I have grown to hate my PO. I've been to the DMV 3 times in my town alone trying to register my car. I think in all I've tried to title the stupid thing about 5 times in 3 different cities in two states, trying different things and talking to different people. I was wondering if any of you guys have had the problem with an invalid title? Here's what I have. A title for my car, a notorised bill of sale stating that I did indeed buy the car. The part that is giving me trouble is the guy I bought it from either never registered the car or he gave me a lost title. His name is in the buyers space on the back of the title. I explained the situation to the lady down at the DMV and she told me I needed to have a notarised statement from the seller saying that I bought the car, isn't that what a bill of sale is for?

I've concluded I have three LEGAL options. Part the car out and keep the VIN plates in a shadow box, put it in a museum until I die and let my kids deal with it, or get a title company which I would rather stay away from. Any help would be great. I'm fresh out of ideas.

Josh
10989