[DMCForum] DCS09Prelude Day 3 Agenda Monday Sept 21. ALTERNATIVE ENERGY

[DMCForum] DCS09Prelude Day 3 Agenda Monday Sept 21. ALTERNATIVE ENERGY DAY

The DCS09 Prelude starts in just over 5 Weeks!   We can get MEDIA
coverage with enough DeLoreans this day.!
Make your hotel and airline reservations now!

  Day 3 of PCS09 Prelude.

Monday is designed to both inform and entertain you with the latest
information on alternative  technologies-including hydrogen cars, solar
power and atomic power. You will need a car to drive to the various
locations.  They are only about 2 miles from Palace station.  Both
north and south of this hotel.

If you are going to attend this days evens, it would be appreciated if
you could let us know, so the
gracious people providing these tours can

  9 AM - 1o AM
Tour of the Las Vegas Water District hydrogen generation and cars.
Hosted by Richard Furniss of the LVWD.  See map and directions on web
site.

10 AM - 11:30 AM.
Drive to Springs Preserve-just down the street from the Water District.
Park you Delorean or car under a SOLAR PANEL garage roof.
Private tour of the Solar facilities by Jim.    Explore the free
canyons and/or go on the garden tour.

11:30 AM - 1 PM
Have lunch at Wolf Gang Pucks restaurant at the Preserve.
If we have enough DeLoreans, Springs Preserve will arrange for
publicity with the local media.

1 PM - 2 PM
Drive to UNLV solar concentrator at the Desert Research
Institute/Atomic Museum Building.
A Private tour of the Solar concentrator will be presented by UNLV.

2 PM - 4:30 PM.
Tour the Atomic Testing Museum.   You will not believe all the
information and advertising you were exposed to
about atomic energy as children of the 60s and 70s.   There is hours of
information to absorb.   They even have
archeological artifacts from the 1945 bomb tests.  Lots of movies of
the atomic tests.

There is also a library of technical reports, if you want to read them.

4:30 PM- 5 PM
Drive to Leatherby's for dinner.  About 2 miles north of the Atomic
Testing Museum.

5 PM - 7 PM
Dinner and Ice Cream at Leatherby's.   An ice cream landmark of Las
Vegas.
Good hamburgers and ice cream, along with other food.

8 PM +
We are considering doing something on the Strip this night.  Depending
on what people want to do.   Our suggestion would be the "Big SHOT" at
the top of the Stratosphere.
or the roller coster at New York .

  See www.DCS09Prelude.com for more information.

  We are linking events in on the schedule to maps and directions to
  facilitate ease of use of the info on the web site.  You just print
the maps you need!

  More details on Tuesdays driving tour and the rest of the Prelude in
the coming days.

  Bob

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional