[DMCForum] DCS Update from Ken...

Ken asked me to post this to the list, so that everyone has the latest
information on the upcoming shows.  Let him know if you have any questions
about any of this.  You can contact him at kkoncelik@xxxxxxx

Best,

Josh

DCS Magazine

Volume 4 issue 2 of DCS Magazine went out in April.  We would like to note
that the magazine ships in Nov and April and so far we have stayed in that
time frame every time.  So a special thanks to our staff for making this an
on time magazine.  Many of you that have subscribed in the past still have
not subscribed to this volume.  Its not too late and back copies of all of
the magazines are still available.  Much of the items in this issue are rare
documents from DeLorean that we have found and have published some of.  They
will be available for view in the museum in Lexington 2010.

go to www.deloreancarshow.com <http://www.deloreancarshow.com/>  to order
your magazine today.

The Newsletter

Since we have gone to an e-mail format newsletter rather than a word
document or pdf there have been fewer problems and you seem to like it
better rather than to download something then read it so we will stay with
this format.

Vegas September 24-27 2009

There has been a lot going on for the Vegas show.  One thing is the
announcement of Kevin Pike www.filmtrix.com <http://www.filmtrix.com/> .

Kevin has offered to not only do one session with us but for those of you
interested in hearing about his accomplishments and learning about what he
does in movies he will be available each day.  For Thursday we are working
on a special bonus evening with both Kevin and Andrew Probert who has done
work also with several movies.  In a recent phone call with both of them
they agreed to bring some of their other work to the show in a the bonus
lecture.  One of the possibilities is to have them talk on their working
with the special effects and storyline of Star Trek.  Both worked on some of
the movies and you can see that on their web page so we don't take up tons
of space here.

Both will probably take time Friday and Saturday on Stage so be prepared for
a very interesting program.  Along with this will be some tech sessions and
if you want to learn how to prep your car for concours the concours
committee will be doing a special program check the web page for  updates.

We also have a special guest attending and that as we usually do will remain
a surprise so you have to be there to see who the special guest is.  Last
time it was Lee Merriwether.  There are number of guests listed on the web
page so please visit as it will take forever on here to list everything
again.

Vegas is being run a bit different and I would like here to warn that a lot
of misinformation is out there.  I have been told a few times as a result of
gossip and such that the web page was wrong and please update it.  Problem
was the webpage was correct and enough people talked about the subjects
enough for it to become Internet true when in fact it was not.If you really
want to know what is going on please look at the web page and if you have
any questions please ask me or Ken Montgomery not someone else online.
Misinformation is not good and the web page will keep you up to date.  go to
www.dcswest.info <http://www.dcswest.info/> .

With that in mind the Palace Station who has worked well with us through
this tough economic time is still holding the pricing on the hotel rooms.
While there are plenty of rooms avail the weekend is starting to fill up as
we are not the only group there.  The lower priced rooms are going fast and
appear that they will be gone shortly.  Plenty of tower rooms and now suites
that they have made available to us.  Again check out the web page not the
forums for correct pricing.

In addition to serve us better Palace station will offer in house booking.
As with other hotels in Vegas and elsewhere offshore room reservations are
not uncommon.  Starting Monday they will handle your calls in house during
the hours listed on the web page so again go there and look.  With these
changes the only change to us that they asked is that now cancellation is 48
hours instead of 24 hours and we agreed.

Check out the hours and register at www.dcswest.info
<http://www.dcswest.info/> .

Lexington

For some of  you on the east coast not coming to Vegas, Lexington is the
next show for you. Hotel Room Registration is now open.  To register call
the hotel at 1-859-288-6106 and ask for George Toma, or e-mail him at
George.w.toma@xxxxxxxxxxxx and let him know you're with the DeLorean Car
Show. More information on the hotel is up at www.deloreancarshow.com
<http://www.deloreancarshow.com/> .  One thing for sure this is going to be
another great DeLorean event.  A week or so ago Brandon, Byron and I took
out a day and revisited the site and the city area.  This actually was the
first time we had seen the event during the summer.  All the other times it
was during the winter months.  This section of the country is breathtaking
as you drive the back roads with all the horse farms around.

The Griffin Gate Marriott is a very current classy resort with a health spa,
pool, tennis, golf, weight room, indoor and outdoor pool and we can go on
forever.  We have 400 rooms to fill between the DeLorean group, Bricklin
group and the British Car Club.  We have been doing a lot of interactive
shows here locally with the British Car Club.

The events planned are again on the web page and are still tentative but the
Thursday evening dinner is one that you will not want to miss.  Again you
all know how I love to do BBQ and this time it's with a new twist.  We are
doing a pig roast and as of this time plan to roast up to 5 pigs for the
event so this could be interesting.  We ask you to dress up for the event in
either Polynesian fashion or the ever so popular Jimmy Buffet style.
(Hawaiian for those of you that have not been to Polynesia.)

Again the museum will be there with many new items along with BTTF Stephen
Clark who did a great job at Gettysburg.  Other special rooms will be open
as we did the last time so stay tuned for that one.  We are still adding to
this program so it is subject to change.

In addition the Bricklin group will also join us again and will be staying
this time at the same hotel.  Since this is a car show we also have invited
the British Car Club to help sponsor a Car show for local cars since we have
all the space at the Marriott available.  This will be a one day 9-4 car
show that the British Car Club will help us run so that the same as in
Gettysburg and Chicago you will have plenty of cars to look and plenty of
people coming around asking about your cars as admission includes all three
car shows.

This car show is an outdoor event and there will be some tents available.
The concours and vendors will be in air conditioned tents.  Volleyball,
tennis and other activities are also available.

This is the most elegant setting we have had and add to that the bus tour or
driving tour whichever you choose will make it all the more memorable.  One
stop I have enjoyed on three separate occasions is the Buffalo Trace
distillery.  This distillery and its scenic grounds is open to our group and
you will be treated to a great tour here.  Depending on plans and how many
of you sign up we may be able to make this a lunch stop with some food and
beverages available.

check out this place along with other sites again on the web page at
Deloreancarshow.com.  I just took a ton of pictures there so I will be
uploading more in the next few weeks. Both tours will include a horse farm.
The bus tour will take you to a private farm while the driving tour will
take you to the Kentucky Horse Park.  (One note.  Due to the downturn in the
auto industry we may need to switch the Toyota tour to some other venue.
This is something we are still working on as the plant may be shut down or
unavailable for tours at the time of our show next year for change over due
to recent economic conditions.  We will keep you updated on that.)

So room register now and reserve your spot for the biggest and best DeLorean
Car Show ever.  Remember early room reservations cost you nothing and it
helps me plan this event.

Again thanks to all that support us

Ken

<*> Your email settings: