[DMCForum] Fall Tour VIII this weekend Sept 13th & 14th

[DMCForum] Fall Tour VIII this weekend Sept 13th & 14th

Well Fall Tour VIII is almost here and it is going to be a lot of fun!
Everyone is invited! You Do not have to join or belong to a club and
you don't need to own a DeLorean or Bricklin to attend. There is no
registration fee!You do have to bring your enthusiasm and be prepared
to have a lot of fun!
I do ask that you e-mail me at turbodmc@xxxxxxxxxxx if you are
thinking about attending (with you contact info so I can have an
approximate head count).
You can join the fun for all or part of the weekend at any point so
don't hesitate join us even if you can only attend part of the Tour.

Please go to the official Fall Tour VIII web page at
www.falltour8.8m.com
I just added an additional page of information (see the page 4).
(There was one or two rooms available at the hotel when I called
today)

People coming in from Connecticut via the Bridgeport Ferry need to
make a reservation to ensure they will get a on the 12:00 departure
arriving in Port Jefferson at 1:15pm
For people driving Directly to Port Jefferson it is recommended that
you try to get there Around 12 ?12:30 or before. Parking will be
difficult because this is the weekend of the Port Jefferson Music
festival www.portjeffmusicfestival.org
Lunch is at the Steam Room across from the Ferry at 1:30PM anything
from a burger to a lobster). After luch we will spend some time
exploring the Town, street and music festival. We will caravan (about
40-50 minutes) from Pt. Jeff to the Greenview Hotel in Riverhead
(don't forget your 2 way radios set to channel 12) after check in we
will head over to the Riverhead Raceway for an evening at the races
(adult admission $28). After the Race ( end time typically around
9:30 pm) we will have a late dinner. Many choices for Dinner right in
Riverhead, Applebee's,  TGI Fridays and all the other chain
restaurants to satisfy ever taste and budget.
Lori and I are currently planning on getting a take out dinner and
going back to the Greenview Inn were we have a large Courtesy room
reserved, you do the same or join in later. You are encouraged to
bring snacks, food, chips beer, booze etc (no smoking please) back to
the hotel and socialize until??????? There are convenience stores and
supermarkets nearby ( they sell beer but not wine) or even pack a
picnic dinner for yourself.   Breakfast will again be what ever you
like from as simple as Dunkin Donuts to a fancy Sunday Brunch at the
Indian Island Country club (about 3 miles from out hotel).
We have use of the courtesy room at the hotel until check out (11 am)
Thus you can pick up what ever you like for breakfast and eat in the
courtesy at our hotel. The Majority of the restaurants are very close
and convenient so the choice is yours.
After check out we will head over to the Atlantis Aquarium  about 2 ?
3 miles.
We have a group discount rate of $12.50 per person ( typical
admission is $23 ),. NOTE: TO GET THE GROUP RATE WE MUST ALL ENTER
TOGETHER  SO DON'T BE LATE! (The Aquarium stamps your hand so you are
free to spend as much or as little time as you wish leave the
facilities  for lunch or shopping and return).

Feel free to contact me at turbodmc@xxxxxxxxxxx if you have any
questions and check the web page for updates www.falltour8.8m.com for
more info.

Regards,