Jack,
I'm a real person. There was a John Stiefel who won an award at the
DCS a few years back with VIN 20018. I thought that person was you.
BTW, my research on the Delorean VINs can be found at www.txdmc.org
under "VIN Registry" and my real life photo under Owners. Anyway,
here the original post where I confused your name with someone else:
Message: 1
   Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2000 21:27:01 EDT
   From: kkoncelik@xxxxxxx
Subject: Cleveland Show Winners

Below are the list of the winners
I hope all of you can read these since the format may not be lined up
for
everyones system
It is imported from Windows 2000

There are two winners that I do not have listed since they were just
handed
out at the podium so if anyone remembers who they are please e-mail
me
Thanks

Ken

The winners of the DeLorean Car Show "YEAR 2000"
Featuring Eastern Regional Delorean Run 10

PLACE                  NAME         VIN

Under 20,000 Miles
1st     Raymond Steele      05580
2nd     Cheryl Wester           06322
3rd     Gatis Erenpreiss        05971

20,000-30,000 Miles
1st     Scott Mueller       02981
2nd     George Cater        03840
3rd     Ceil Longwish       10663

30,000-35,000 Miles
1st     Dave Swingle        05429
2nd     John Schulz     10570
3rd     Tony Swaintek       10607

35,000-40,000 Miles
1st     John Stiefel            20018
2nd     Jonathan Heslop 00697

40,000-50,000 Miles
1st     Jack and Virginia Stiefel   03461
2nd     Bruce Benson        06938
3rd         Dave Bauerle        16506

50,000-75,000 Miles
1st     Travis Grahm        06344
2nd     Aldo Buono          01440
3rd     Andrew DeRosa       00842

50,000-75,000 Miles
1st     David Haldeman      15964

Over 100,000 Miles
1st     Bill Swilley            04370

Unpainted Modified
1st     Marty Maier         10675
2nd     Steve Ligget        05798

Painted Modified
1st     Curtis Bryant       10159
2nd     Guy Avallon         10006

Peoples Choice
        Dave & Linda Colley 01012

DeLorean Time Machine
        Bob Brandys     04675

Most Mileage
        Lance Hines     04675

Other awards given included

Farthest Traveled                                       Bill Swilley
~ 1,240
Miles
Best club Participation                     DML
Hard Luck Award                         (no air)
Shortest Ownership                          (1 week)
Longest Ownership                           Louise Kleba  May 81

DeLorean Award of Distinction
Given to Kathryn Delorean for her contribution in bringing her father
to the
DeLorean Car Show.

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Jack Stiefel <jack@...> wrote:

> Ok I didn't know.  Wasn't sure what he could do with my vin plate
anyway, but it seemed honest and funny at the same time.

> Jack Stiefel
> Stiefel Aluminum
> Phone: (813)951-2628
> ________________________________
Behalf Of Jon Heese
> Sent: Friday, May 30, 2008 10:17 AM
> To: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: [DMCForum] I got this in the mail... Is it legit?? FW:
Delorean VIN 20018

> I can confirm that Shannon Birdwell is indeed a real human being,
and I
> understand that he is working on a VIN chronology project. It looks
> like he just got confused about your cars' VINs...
>
> Regards,
> Jon Heese
>
> Jack Stiefel wrote:
> > I received the following message... Funny I don't own a 20xxx
car???

> > Jack Stiefel - Tampa, Florida
> > Stiefel Aluminum Inc
> >
> > DMC Vin 03461 & 16879