Re: [DMCForum] WATER PUMP BLUES

Mark,

Nope, not cheap at all, but Josh is just an E-3 in the
Air Force and he's getting married next month.  Not
much extra money for him to spend on his car and I'll
bet he'll have even less in the coming year.  I'm just
trying to stay within his budget and at the same time,
do a reliable rebuild, hence, the first part of the
question.  Does anyone know where I can get bearings
and seals for the pump?  Although I'm fairly certain
the bearings are good, I know at least one seal is
shot, since a part of it came out the weep hole while
I was working on it.  If I can't rebuild it, then a
good, working, non-leaking, used one is the next
choice.

Mike   TPS   1630

--- delorean <delorean@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> For all of the trouble and difficulty replacing the
> Waterpump why
> would you even think about putting a used unit on?
>
> I know you cant be that cheap.
>
> Mark V
>

> On May 14, 2008, at 11:17 AM, mike clemens wrote:
>
> > Group,
> >
> > It appears Josh's car has a waterpump going bad.
> Has
> > anyone tried to rebuild one and if so, where did
> you
> > get the parts?  I checked with John H. and he
> isn't
> > able to supply the bearings and seals.
> >
> > If anyone has a good used one, please contact me
> off
> > line and let me know the price.
> >
> > Mike   TPS   1630

<*> Your email settings: