Re: [DMCForum] Re: My Rear Tire Fits in the Bonnet!

Re: [DMCForum] Re: My Rear Tire Fits in the Bonnet!

Yes but we are living in the USA, should we all start using all
English words now?

Example...... I really could go for a Fag, can I borrow a Fag, This
is the best tasting Fag I have had in a long time.

A Fag is a Cigarette in England.

Maybe we all need to start using Petrol or change our Tyres or better
yet drive on the wrong side of the road.

In the USA we have enough slangs with Ebonics, keep the English
translations of in England.

Funniest thing is this taken right from the Delorean parts manual
HOOD, FLAT 109245, I couldnt find Bonnet anywhere.

Mark V

On Jan 12, 2008, at 10:40 AM, rook_iii wrote:

> --- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "content22207" <brobertson@...>
> wrote:
>>
>> BTW: What the hell is a bonnet? I've seen women wearing them at
>> Easter. I know what a hood is, but wouldn't be caught dead myself in
>> a bonnet.
>
> "Bonnet" is British-speak (And Australian too) for an "American" car
> trunk. ^_^
>
> Russ
>

> Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings: