did build 354,000 of the things (5 year production run). Put those
numbers up against Dunmurry....

Bill Robertson

>--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Jack Stiefel <jack@...> wrote:
>
> If that was the case then so was my parents Pinto Wagon??? Lol
>
> From Merriam Webster dictionary:
>
> sport-utility vehicle
> One entry found.
> sport-utility vehicle
>

> Main Entry:
> sportâ?"util·i·ty vehicle [cid:image001.gif@...]
<javascript:popWin('/cgi-bin/audio.pl?sport01s.wav=sport-utility%
20vehicle')>
> Pronunciation:
> \Ë?spoÌ?rt-yü-Ë?ti-lÉ?-tÄ"-\
> Function:
> noun
> Date:
> 1978
> : a rugged automotive vehicle similar to a station wagon but built
on a light-truck chassis â?"called also sport-ute \-Ë?yüt\ sport-
utility, SUV

> If I am not mistaken the Pacer was not built on a truck chasis?
>
> Now from Wikipedia entry for Hatchback:
>
> AMC introduced a hatchback version to its larger
Hornet<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AMC_Hornet> models in 1973. The
Hornet was restyled and renamed the
Concord<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AMC_Concord> (a Concord
hatchback was made for 1978 and 1979 only) while smaller Gremlin was
restyled and renamed the AMC
Spirit<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AMC_Spirit> in 1979. However,
the far more characteristic AMC
Pacer<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AMC_Pacer> debuted in 1975. It
was the first modern "cab-
forward<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cab_forward>" vehicle design
that focused on interior space with short and rounded overhangs. The
Pacer's aerodynamic<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aerodynamic> and
jelly bean shaped hatchback stood out among the square, formal, box-
type designs that were prevalent all the way through the early 1980s.

> The Pacer was NOT an SUV lol.  It was just an old car that had a
nice sized engine and a hatchback.  Some say cute, some say awful,
take your pick.  In the end it is just another relic of a dead car
company.  Yes, I know they were bought and made part of Chrysler,
but lets not split hairs.

> Jack Stiefel - Tampa, Florida
> Stiefel Aluminum Inc
>
> DMC Vin 03461 & 16879