Re: [DMCForum] Car 1st

First, I think Bob meant "crew" cab, not "extended" cab, the difference
being 2 vs. 4 doors.  The first crew cab (that I know of) was the '57
International Travelette, but the first "extended" cab (billed as such),
wasn't until the 70's, the Dodge Club Cab.

Second, are you sure that the Ford truck pictured in the auction below
was mass-produced in that form?  From reading the description, it seems
that this was a custom modification to the truck from stock.  But I
don't really know anything about it.

I do know that the Dodge Club Cab is widely considered to be the first
extended cab pickup truck.

Regards,
Jon Heese

timnagin wrote:
>> And the first extended cab truck was built in the 1950s, (dodge or
>> chevy?) not the 1990s. More false and misleading advertising.
>>
>> Bob
>
> You really should study up on automotive history
>
> Wrong, yet, again.
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem
> <http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330099710496>
> &item=330099710496
>
> or.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/2n7dou
>
> Greg
>

> .
>

> <http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97359714/grpId=7522986/grpspId=1705126215/msgId
> =35548/stime=1199485068/nc1=4767085/nc2=3848627/nc3=4836037>

> Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: