RE: [DMCForum] So GM Learned their lesson about Electric cars? [snipped.

RE: [DMCForum] So GM Learned their lesson about Electric cars? [snipped..jeez, man]...

Hang on a sec. when I told you there was one in a museum in Cleveland you
seriously doubted the controller was still in the car.  You didn't seem to
believe me, even after I called the curator and quoted him saying it was in
tact, and they planned to get it running again.  So, here is an EV1 that is
running?!?  How can this be!?!

"GM contacted WWU reminding them of the agreement they signed when they
received the non working EV1."

All of the cars were leased.  The cars are property of GM.  They can decide
to do with them whatever the hell they want.  They could have painted them
purple and set them on fire if they wanted to.  If a company can not make
any money on a product they can not continue to provide or support the
product.  They are not a charity.  These large, evil companies usually only
see a profit many YEARS down the road from their initial investment.

"We did not receive a "Cease and Decist" order. We did receive a phone call
from a GM representative pointing out to us that the vehicle is not to be
licensed, titled or operated on any public or private road or highway. We
are allowed to exhibit the vehicle. The GM representative said that it was
fine for us to turn the vehicle into a series hybrid vehicle, similar to the
Volt concept car.
Sincerely,
Eric Leonhardt
Director
Vehicle Research Institute
Engineering Technology Department
Western Washington University"

Huh...seems to contradict what you stated below about them being sued.

Where is the public outrage over Big Government telling companies and people
what they can and can not do?  I think a more stupidier decision was the Big
Three keeping the unions in place.  Imagine how great our cars and trucks
would be now if they didn't have to pay mob fees for whiny people who can't
think on their own.  They also suckle from the corporate teat years after
they retire, yet they loathe Big Corporate America.  Ironic, eh?

At least someone kinda got it right.

http://www.lionev.com/Who_Killed_the_EV.html

Greg