RE: [DMCForum] DUMB QUESTION OF THE DAY

Not a dumb question at all.  I have found lots of connections like this in
the car.  I assume it's due to the way they built the wiring harness on a
layout board and just tied certain wires together in a bundle.

The wires may have been too close to the exhaust manifold at some point.
Mine were like this and the tape was a mess but the wires were fine.  I just
cleaned everything up, re-taped them, and moved them as far away from the
exhaust as I could.  I also covered mine in split loom over the tape.

You can use either three small wires, one for each, or one larger wire.  It
makes no difference as long as the one wire is equal to or slightly larger
than the three.  Also, there is no fuse between the battery and alternator
on the main power.  I plan on installing a maxi-fuse as newer cars have a
fusible link in line.

Greg

  _____