[DMCForum] Dave Teitlebaum & Tom Neiland win the Fix Dave Delman's ignit

[DMCForum] Dave Teitlebaum & Tom Neiland win the Fix Dave Delman's ignition problem contest

Here ye, here ye, here ye

We have two winners in the Fix Dave Delman's Ignition  Problem Contest

Dave Teitlebaum first made it know to me that the  reluctor gaps in
distributor are fairly critical to proper performance and  he was kind enough to lend
me an extra distributor that he  had.

Not wanting to miss anything external to the  distributor, Tom Neiland and I
had a couple of very intensive tech sessions at  the Long Island New York -
DeLorean Motor Club's Evans Court clubhouse in  which we did side by side scope
readings of my car compared to a know properly  working ignition system in his
car.  We found that there was noise and  extra spikes coming out of my
distributor.  We questioned the green wire I  had on mine,  wondering if that might
be the problem and considered just  replacing the wire.

Today we removed the distributor and took a better look  at the reluctor gaps
and decided that, that was most likely the problem.   We installed Dave T's
dizzy and now all is working well, with No 2700 ohm  resistor!

So I feel that we have two winners in the contest,  both of whom declined the
prize and both of whom I owe a BIG thank you and I've  promised to take them
out for a very nice dinner.

It has long been obvious to me that the DeLorean  community is a very close
one and that we all chip in and help others as we  can.

Dave Teitlebaum obvious goes above and beyond in this  area.  He's helped me
before and many many other DeLorean owners with his  time, knowledge and parts.

Thank you Dave Teitlebaum.

and thank you to a relatively new DeLorean owner Tom  Neiland.

Dave Delman
D² & 6530
no more 2700  resistor!

<*> Your email settings: