Posted by: "Jon Heese"  dmcforum@xxxxxxxxxxxx jonheese
Date: Thu May 24, 2007 8:37 am  ((PDT))

Very cool, Dave.

It looks like you have it checking to  make sure that the times entered
don't exceed the sensible field limits  (i.e. hours from 00-23, minutes
from 00-59), but this actually causes some  hiccups:  When you go to
enter in the times the first time, there is  no way to clear out the old
times other than to type the new time  in.  This usually results in a
"beep" on the first keypress (for  exceeding the number limit of the
field) and then a clearing of the field  so you can start over.  Is this
intentional?  It's a little  surprising the first time it happens.

How does the "real" time machine  handle this?  I would imagine that it
doesn't have any limit checking  for the input, assuming that the
operator would know that there is no time  25:62, for instance...

Also, what about allowing keypress inputs from  the numpad, instead of
just the mouse?  Maybe you'd click the field  to drop down the on-screen
numpad, as it already is, and then it would  accept keypresses from the
numpad and fire off the appropriate buttonPress  events based on the keys
pressed.

Great work, by the  way!

Regards,
Jon Heese