Re: [DMCForum] Re: BTTF Time Circuit program

Re: [DMCForum] Re: BTTF Time Circuit program

Very cool, Dave.

It looks like you have it checking to make sure that the times entered
don't exceed the sensible field limits (i.e. hours from 00-23, minutes
from 00-59), but this actually causes some hiccups:  When you go to
enter in the times the first time, there is no way to clear out the old
times other than to type the new time in.  This usually results in a
"beep" on the first keypress (for exceeding the number limit of the
field) and then a clearing of the field so you can start over.  Is this
intentional?  It's a little surprising the first time it happens.

How does the "real" time machine handle this?  I would imagine that it
doesn't have any limit checking for the input, assuming that the
operator would know that there is no time 25:62, for instance...

Also, what about allowing keypress inputs from the numpad, instead of
just the mouse?  Maybe you'd click the field to drop down the on-screen
numpad, as it already is, and then it would accept keypresses from the
numpad and fire off the appropriate buttonPress events based on the keys
pressed.

Great work, by the way!

Regards,
Jon Heese

drdhdmd wrote:
> Jon,
> I wrote it in Visual Basic 6.  At this point I don't what to release
> the source code but I will upload a zip file to the Files section
> that has everything you need to run it.  Try it out and let me know
> what you think.  The Destination Time is configurable ... just click
> on each portion of the display to get the appropriate keypad.  The *
> will clear the display and the # is the enter key.  When you hit
> ABORT it shuts down and saves the Destination Time in the Last
> Destination Time memory, for display when you start it up again.
>
> Use at your own risk.  Confirm it is virus free.  Let me know how
> your time travel goes!
>
> Dave Delman
> D² & 06530 + 2700 ohms
>

> --- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Jon Heese <dmcforum@...> wrote:
>> Is that in VB.NET?  Neat little program.  Are you releasing the
> source code?
>> It'd be handy if it accepted key events from the numpad to input
> the
>> digits...
>>
>> Regards,
>> Jon Heese
>>
>> drdhdmd wrote:
>>> For anyone interested I posted a video of a program I wrote to
> simulate
>>> the Time Circuit in BTTF...
>>>
>>> http://youtube.com/watch?v=ifWLFt39ooY
>>>
>>> Dave Delman