Re: [DMCForum] Not DMC related... But still effing cool!

On 3/6/07, Dave Stragand <dave.stragand@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In PA, if you purchase property that has an abandoned vehicle on it, you
>  can get a title for it by sending in a simple form.

Do they make any effort to contact the registered owner? I'd imagine
they do. He, if he is alive, or his heirs, would likely have a chance
to go retrieve their vehicles before they just issued you a title. At
least that's what I'd expect.

Of course, with all of the cars stored there, the "registered owner"
is likely to have the address of the property you just purchased.
Which means you'd receive the letter that's supposed to go to him.

Who knows. Maybe they don't try to contact the owner at all. You
people on the other side of the country have very strange laws
compared to what I'm used to. For example, the ability for a mechanic
to do whatever work he wants on your car whether you authorize it or
not, charge you whatever he likes, then legally keep your car if you
don't pay him. Got in a big fight once over that one. Might even have
been on this list, but I don't remember exactly...

-Ryan

http://us.click.yahoo.com/4It09A/fOaOAA/yQLSAA/HliolB/TM

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional