Re: [DMCForum] 3 Litre PRV

The "easy" way would involve some modification to the fibreglass in the
pontoons and rear firewall so that a GTA/A610 engine can be dropped
strait in. The exhaust manifolds and turbo location are over-sized by
about 1 inch all round to fit in a DeLorean engine bay. That's the only
way I could guarantee  duplicating the GTA engine I worked on It also
have a hoffing T38 turbo. Renault manifolds are equal length and hook up
to the turbo at the top centre of the engine bay.

My "plan" is to offer the engine with a warrenty at the 250 mark whcih
is about 10psi of boost. It hit 320hp at 18psi and I have the map for
it. I'll do that for you, but you'll have to forgo the warrenty :-)
Pushing a 3 ltire engine with 18psi at 6000rpm means a huge turbo, so it
is quite laggy, so a smaller turbo at lower boost will produce a more
drivable engine.

I "plan" on offering the engine on its own without exhaust and turbo so
you could do some of the custom work yourself.

> What do you do with the transmission at those levels of power?

Absolutely Nothing. Because it's such a huge turbo, the torque comes in
progressively and so far hasn't caused a problem on the GTA. The
transmission will take 250 all day long. The A610 does.

Martin

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: