Re: [DMCForum] Response to DW D1 add and Extreme Prices for DOA Las Vega

Re: [DMCForum] Response to DW D1 add and Extreme Prices for DOA Las Vegas event

Thanks for your comments...I appreciate it.
You know, I took a lot of crap over the years from people who felt that
basically
I should'nt be a "vendor" but that I should simply share whatever resources
I had learned
through my research and rather that bought and resold the items, I should
have just
shared the sources of the products.
I understand that, it has some merit.

As for the LED bulbs they are pretty much common now, but back when I first
started selling them they were much more hard to find.
I bought and tested so many over the years and watched Stegar and DMCH copy
me and they still don't have it right.
The LED's I have now are far better than any of the bulbs I have seen out
there.
...that's really here nor there.

The LED's, the antennas, the wire harnesses and the stripes were all to help
better
the car and make life easy on the community.
I wanted to contribute in some way by helping prevent people from hacking up
their harnesses, or rigging up toggle switches to turn off the door lights
at car shows.
More than that, I hated it when people would ask "Why don't these lights in
the door
light up?"....then you have to explain how it drains the battery...blah blah
blah...
The end result is that the person leaves thinking "geez, if it kills the
battery then whats
the point? What a piece of crap!"
Using the LED's cures all those problems.

As for the antennas, I got sick of seeing non working antennas.
Mine pop up in about 2 seconds and are stainless steel instead of black.
Again, not original but in my opinion an improvement.
Admittingly there was another seller selling similar antennas and I offered
mine at half the price, however this is an off the shelf item and that is
ok.

The stripes were a quest of my own.
I could not find any of the originals, and when I did they were expensive
and I figured
that being over 20 years old they might not be in that good of shape.
So after 6 months of work I found the perfect material and had them made.
...of course, other vendors copied me once again and yet again undercut me.
I felt a little burned by this because this was not an off the shelf item
but
something I had to create, or re-create rather.

The bottom line is that I know there are hundreds of DeLoreans out there
that
are that much better off because of my efforts. They have my lights, or
stripes
or whatever, and when I go to the DMC shows and hear my customers rave about
how much they love the stuff it makes it all worth it.
I think that was my real goal, above making a profit, was to make a mark
into
the history of the DeLorean.
I am happy with what I have done.
My lights, stripes and videos will always be a part of DeLorean history from
now
one and that to me, is awesome.

I think Ed has that same twisted vision, only with a twisted ego.
The DeLorean community in particular seems to be a magnet for eccentrics.
It's uniqueness is only compared to it's owners.
- Videobob

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: