From: "Bob Brandys" <BobB@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: 1/7/2007 7:00 PM
Subject: Re: [DMCForum] Response to DW D1 add and Extreme Prices for DOA Las Vegas event

Martin,

Your comments reminds me of the good old days. Years ago and today,
it is common for young people to modify their engines to get more HP.
This was always fun and a good time when working with your buddies.

What was important was performance. How many of us had a car with a
hopped up engine and terrible paint or rust?

Some of this fun has been lost with DeLoreans. It seems like more
concern is expressed about making the car look nice? Rather than
having fun with it.

Only a few of us, change engines or try to increase the HP. The whole
idea of a hot rod was was more HP and fun. I see this "look nice"
aspect with many restored cars today. They look nice, but what
happened to the fun aspect?

I think what you are doing is great fun and very interesting. It is
basic R & D on what it takes to make the PRV produce HP reflective of a
sports car.

Is the DeLorean a fun hot rod, sports car that you can play around
with, or is it is museum piece to keep shiny and clean?

Maybe I am just ranting, and I don't mean to offend any D owners.
But, some of the fun aspect of playing with a car and doing crazy
things to it , just seems to be fading away.

Bob

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: