Re: [DMCForum] Response to DW D1 add and Extreme Prices for DOA Las Vega

Re: [DMCForum] Response to DW D1 add and Extreme Prices for DOA Las Vegas event

I just read my copy of DW that I got in the mail the other day....

Was my copy the only one with missing pages that were just tucked back into
the issue
and were falling out all over the place?

Anyway, yeah I saw the D1 ad.
He managed to nail everyone in there, EVEN ME!!!
"LED BULBS" and "REPRODUCTION STRIPE KITS".....yeah yeah yeah.

I have never met Ed, but I have heard from everyone on the planet what
an A-hole he is but I didn't know what they meant...now I understand
why some people don't like him.
I will reserve my opinion until I meet him in person.

However, I get what he is trying to say, he wants the car to remain all
original.
The thing is I think he is wrong when he equates THAT to JZD's "dream".
The cars throughout production we ever changing, every time they came up
with something better (or cheaper) they added or replaced it.
The antennas are a perfect example of that!!!!!
I think that if they could have used LED's they would have.
If they COULD have added some of the things our vendors have developed
they would have.
I also think John was impressed by the way the vendors DID make improvements
to the car along the years.
He was an inventor and engineer, he thought about how to make things BETTER
and not about how to keep them the same.

These improvements allow us to enjoy our cars and ACTUALLY DRIVE THEM.
Companies like DMCH actually do more for the image of the car than some
"collectors"
who restores it and hides it in the garage.
A DMCH car gets seen by the PUBLIC as it is outside being driven around.
Without DMCH, Hervey, Grady, Stegar and all the rest I buy from I would not
have been able to enjoy driving my car everyday.

...just a note to Ed, all of MY products, my LEDS, my reproduction side
stripes are
plug and play and make ZERO permanent modifications to the car.
You can change the bulbs and peel the stickers off in a few minutes and be
back to stock.
Not a single one of my products makes any changes to the car.
That is why I sell my radio wire harness adapters, so you never have to cut
into
the original harness!!!!!
However, it is hypocritical of me to have hacked up my car to turn it into a
time machine!
Even still, I could revert it back to stock if I wanted too.
With the help of our vendors anything is possible.

Just my two cents.
- Videobob
VIN#5278

<*> Your email settings: