[DMCForum] Re: Cold intake / rear fascia removal

[DMCForum] Re: Cold intake / rear fascia removal

So, issue: I've been informed there aren't supposed to be any bolts
going into the pontoons. Sure enough, my workshop manual doesn't
mention them. Did some idiot add these?

Passenger side: http://www.ryanwright.com/tmp/dfascia1.jpg
Viewed from the top: http://www.ryanwright.com/tmp/dfascia2.jpg

The nylon loc-nuts on this side have been loosened all the way to the
end of the bolts. They were easy to get to - just removed the carbon
canister and put a 10mm wrench on each side.

Driver's side: http://www.ryanwright.com/tmp/dfascia3.jpg

Here you can see the length of the bolts. This is what the passenger's
side looked like before I loosened these nuts.

So, these aren't stock, eh?

I guess we have to get back to my original question, then: How do I
get that intake tube out of the right pontoon so I can reach these
bolts?

-Ryan

On 12/17/06, Ryan Wright <ryanpwright@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Need some help in removing the rear fascia.
>
> Primarily, I cannot get to the bolts on the right (passenger) side
> that hold the fascia to the right pontoon. I pulled the cold air
> intake apart as much as I could, but the big intake pipe that's within
> the pontoon is blocking my access and I can't see a way to get it out.
> Turning it does not give me enough clearance; I'm going to have to
> disconnect it from the pontoon some how and pull it out.
>
> There appears to be a round "clip" of sorts on the top of the pontoon,
> which turns along with the pipe, so I'm thinking this is holding it
> in. How do I remove this?!
>
> Also, how do I get the intake "grill" that's connected to the glass
> off? Is it siliconed on there? Doesn't appear to be any way to remove
> it and prying on it is just going to break something. Getting this out
> would help, I think, especially in getting to the upper bolt head.
>
> Any advice would be appreciated.
>
> -Ryan

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional