Re: [DMCForum] RE: [DML] Nominate JZD to the Automotive Hall of Fame

Re: [DMCForum] RE: [DML] Nominate JZD to the Automotive Hall of Fame

I agree with Tim. You invest in a business then you're taking the risk right
along with the owner/operator.  It is not the same as Enron where the
employees of a company put all their eggs in one basket with their company
stock options.  I should know as I am a born and bred Houstonian, and in
fact until the first of this of this month when we moved to Biloxi I worked
right next to the old Enron building.  I watched the reporters outside the
Federal building everyday.  Anyways, that's getting off track.

For one Woody you seem to be quite opinionated on John DeLorean's methods
and motivations, which I find quite odd as I doubt you were a close personal
friend of the man.  You can reasearch all you want and find a multitude of
information from various sources, but third party information just can't be
absolute truth.  You're entitled to your opinion sure enough, but again I
find it odd for someone who owns 2 of his vehicles to be trashing the guy
left and right.

I don't believe anywhere in the post about nominating him did we act like
John DeLorean was a God, Super Human, or above and beyond deserving of
anyone else that is in the Hall of Fame.  Like others have pointed out he
has his flaws in his business sense, personal life, etc... (a.k.a. He's
Human)

I will be the first to admit I'm not a "car chick".  I know how to drive,
put gas in, put air in the tires, and take it for oil changes if hubby is
not available.  However, I am a good listener and I have learned a lot about
the dangerous things that Ford, GM, and Chevy have kept on the market
endangering human life for cost effectiveness.  If that is less immoral than
whatever you think John DeLorean did then I'm very sad.  I'm on this forum
mostly to keep track of club events, but I like to lend support to something
that's very near and dear my spouse's heart and I couldn't just not say
something. That's all.

Jennifer
*6585*

On 11/24/06, timnagin <timnagin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>   I should have added that had the original DMC been successful all of
> this
> would be moot. Anything that John De Lorean is looked down on now would be
> heralded as pure genius and a risk taker that succeeded against all odds.
> Hell, these internet groups and other websites probably wouldn't even
> exist.
> Most of us probably wouldn't even have met each other. Well, that last
> part
> being a good thing is arguable. ;-)
>
> Greg
>
> _____