[DMCForum] Restoring a dealer sign

Hi folks,

So, I just scored myself a ~12 foot ~400lb sign from an old DeLorean
dealership. I plan to hang this beauty in my garage and am looking for
tips on restoration, etc. Are these typically 240 volt, or what? I'm
assuming it's a fluorescent system in there - how big are the bulbs &
what type?

How can I hang this sucker? It will cross at least 5 studs so I ought
to be fine there, can I just take the face off and put lag bolts
through the back housing into the studs? I intend to butt it up
against the ceiling if at all possible. Can't hang it from the
ceiling, though, ^&*(ing trusses...

I'll be picking it up this weekend so my questions should be answered
once I see it in person, but I was hoping to get a head start on
things. :) Any tips on anything sign related would be appreciated!

-Ryan