Re: [DMCForum] Ryan's idea about vehicle damage...

On 10/30/06, Jack Stiefel <jack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The only tiny issue I see with your plan is manpower. While it is good and all to say put
> the cops on the case, where I live we would need more cops that people to do the work.
> We process scrap aluminum wheels here in Fl and I am getting almost 78000 wheels
> each month, that works out to about 19,000 scrapped cars a month, yes I said a month
> and I am not getting every wheel in the state either.  Now I realize that not every wheel is
> off a wrecked car and not every wrecked car was involved in a hit and run but the sheer
> magnitude of such an investigatory group would be staggering. One thing to remember
> also is many of those patrol guys are rookies who are still training and new to the job so
> they are thrown out there doing traffic duty.

Well, you know, I live in a little bitty city and thus forget what the
real world is like from time to time. :)

Still, even if they only were able to look into 1 in 100 cases, I'd
rather that than pay the guy to sit on the side of the road. But now
that I think about it, this conversation is probably political, hence
banned from this forum, so I'd better set a good example and shut up
now. :)

-Ryan

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional