From: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sun Oct 29 19:45:26 2006
Subject: [DMCForum] Ryan's idea about vehicle damage...

I thought Ryan's idea about rewarding the person who hit the guy's De
Lorean, and left a note, was great. Today I walked up to my truck and
noticed a swipe across the front bumper. Guess what? No note.

The front bumper on my truck has a chrome center section and painted end
caps. Someone side swiped the front across the chrome section, leaving
minor scratches that could be buffed out, and removed a good amount of paint
from one end cap and put everything slightly out of alignment. The overall
damage is not bad, and nothing structurally is damaged. Hell, it won't even
meet my deductible so my insurance company won't even be involved.

So, some inconsiderate piece of shit person did a hit and run on me. If it
had been my De Lorean in the parking lot I would be furious. I started
carrying a digital camera with me long ago, as well as one on my phone, and
any time I see someone do shit like this I snap a picture. I guess we all
have to look out for each other though I am sure most people won't want to
get involved. Hell, the police won't do anything but write up an accident
report. Yea, that will help me.

Ryan, I think what you mentioned on the DML is a damned good idea. Maybe
they person who got thanked will tell other people and in turn maybe they
will say something if they ever do it. I could be dreaming, too. :-)

Greg

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: