Re: [DMCForum] Re: Mmmmm. Goat.

Jon,

On 10/5/06, Jon Heese <dmcforum@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  The Mustang has always been a two-door sports car and it has never been
>  rare, in any sense of the word.  "Ubiquitous" would be a better
>  description.  Because of that, the Mustang is boring to me.  Dress it up
>  all you want, it's still a Mustang at the core, which equals boring (to me).

Agreed. I don't like Mustangs. I've never liked Mustangs. They don't
stand out. Instead, they say, "Well, I'm trying to stand out.. really
I am... look at me! Please, someone, for the love of God, look at me!"
Yet nobody looks because nobody cares. The car just blends in with
everything else on the road. Booooorrrrrrinngg.....

Thing I love about the DeLorean - It's not the type of car that any
jackass with a little money just goes out and buys. Sure, anyone COULD
just go out and buy one, but it's not going to happen. People see
them, they think it's awesome, they wish they had one, but actually
put forth the money and effort to make it happen - nada. Just us few
hardcore folk here. I dig that.

I do like the new vettes. Quite a bit, actually. Wouldn't mind one.
Sometimes I just want a car that never has problems, or when it does I
can drop it off at the dealership and pick it up that evening all
better. Problem is I probably wouldn't spend the money on one,
choosing instead to buy an Esprit, or NSX, just because of the rarity.
Well, at least an NSX I could drop off at the dealership to have
fixed...

I suppose it's the difference between being an SOB with a little money
and an SOB with a little money and a little class. (I do mean a
"little" class... but hell, it's better than nothing) Opinionated,
me?! Hah.

No offense intended toward any of you Mustang owners. I like the
person behind the wheel just fine. Just don't like the ugly car.

-Ryan

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: