[DMCForum] Re: Car Show Comments

I know it 's a pain in the ass to always have to hear the "flux"
line
but please understand that most people I have encountered are happy
see the car and that their base reference is the movie.  No matter
what
you think or how much you may want to distance yourself from
BTTF.....you ain't gonna do it!   We are forever entertwined with
the films.
People just want to make a connection with the person who owns it
and the
"flux" line is simply a conversation starter since most people don't
know anything about the car.  Sure, some people will be a-holes but
it's
human nature to toss out what you know.  At the last car show in NH
there were 6 years old kids who knew what the car was!!!!!  If not
for the
films, how would a 6 year old know what a Delorean is.  IMHO the
BTTF
films are the best thing that could have happened to our cars.  I
know
many of you will disagree but we are all friends here and entitled
our own opinions.

  I embrace the BTTF films and their positive effect on our cars and
it's presence in the publics mind.   I have installed a Bruce C.
Flux in
my car that I have running during car shows.  It is the best thing I
have done!  It creates more smiles and comments and good will than
anything I have done before.  It only takes about 30 seconds to
remove it
with the box I made for it.

  Now....as for the cocaine jokes......I stop people dead in their
track when they make these jokes.  I simply don't let people walk
away with
the last word on this topic.  I have memorized the following:

   "Excuse me, John Delorean was aquitted on all charges. The DEA
entrapped him into the situation by threatening the life of his
daughter, in
addition, one of the arresting DEA agents actually quit the DEA and
then testified FOR him at his trail because he knew what they did to
him
was wrong.  The legacy of this car is not cocaine and no illegal
drug
money was ever involved in the production of this car.  I don't mean
sound harsh but the real criminals in this whole thing was the U.S.
Governement.

  That stops people right away.  I used to take it in stride and not
come back at people but since using the above statement it makes it
easier to smack people down.  If they know you are offended perhaps
the next
time they see a Delorean they won't be such dumb-asses.

  Later

  Tom
  #05732

Find me on Google Earth