Posted by: "Ryan Wright" ryanpwright@xxxxxxxxx  ryanpwright
Date: Sat Sep 2, 2006 4:14 pm (PDT)

Short  story: My tach has recently started "twitching". It seems worse
above  3000rpm. Doesn't matter if I'm moving or stationary. The tach
will move up  ~300rpm briefly, then drop back down.  No change in the
engine, it  seems related to instrumentation (though I don't think it's
the tach  itself; the twitch is present all the way back at the idle
controller, so  unless the tach is feeding back on the signal from the
coil, I'd guess this  problem is with the coil, idle controller, or
something else on the  line).

Any ideas?

...  except for one point: The
connection to the coil (I made this on the  white/grey wire connected
to the ECM) is supposed to increase voltage as  engine RPM increases.
This is true up until about 2500rpm; adding  additional throttle and
increasing the RPM actually causes voltage to begin  dropping. I'd
think it should keep going up?