From: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of therealdmcvegas
Sent: Tuesday, August 22, 2006 5:51 PM
To: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DMCForum] Re: Tire Selection

Lots of opinions on tires. And I do mean LOTS! Probably more
disagreements on tires, than oil.

I reccomend Cooper Cobra GT's. They match, and are T rated. I don't
know of any other owners that have installed them, and have had a
complaint about them. And after researching tires, they fit my needs
perfectly.

50K mile warranty. They're rated @ 440 on wear, and have an "A"
rating on traction. But most of all, they've got a "B" rating on
Temperature. I personally prefer the lower rating on temp, because
in my experience, tires remain much more sticky. ESPECIALLY these
ones! My last tires were V rated Yokohamas, and they were horrible
for traction. I slid all over the place in the Vegas rains.

That's my 2 cents on the subject, and what I would choose. However,
if you would prefer the Michelins, I'm sure that you could get them
in the US. Check eBay too. You'd be surprised. I've even seen Yoko
AVS's for sale on there too. Brand new ones at that.

-Robert
vin 6585 "X"

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "John Griffith" <vze2rbh9@...>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
>      New member here.  Any suggestions on tire brands and sizes?
> Michelin apparently offers the Pilot XGT HR4 in a 235/60 15 (as
well as
> 195/60 15)in Canada, but not in the U.S..  I was hoping to stick
w/ an
> H rated or better tire,  but its looking like I'll have to go S or
T to
> get a matching set of anything.  Any responses would be
appreciated!