[DMCForum] A new story?

I think most of us have similar stories of public responses to our
cars. We've all done the flux capacitor thing, the cocaine stories,
etc. Well, I think I may have a fresh, new story, one that possibly
hasn't been reported before:

I was down at my data center installing a new server last night about
9:30pm. I came out to get some supplies out of my car and there was a
newer, higher end black SUV (Navigator? Escalade? I didn't get a good
enough look) dropping some people off about 50 feet away. I was a bit
cautious as this isn't exactly a great part of town and I've never
seen anyone parked near the data center that late at night (other than
myself).

>From what I can tell, it was a double-date thing going on. A couple of
young guys were dropping off a couple of young girls. As the girls
were walking away from the SUV, one of them said something about
liking my car. The driver (and, best as I could tell, boyfriend)
became irate and yelled out in an angry voice, "HEY! You like this
truck too, right!" (I put an exclamation point after it because he
wasn't asking her a question; he sounded quite mad, and was demanding
she like his vehicle.) She laughed and said, in her best valley girl
voice, "Uh, yeah, bye!" and continued walking home. The guys in the
SUV then drove away in a bit of a huff.

So, there you have it. Without saying a word, I managed to make some
guy jealous enough to yell at his date and storm away. Why, I don't
know. He could have bought 3 DeLoreans for the price of that SUV and I
assuredly didn't want anything to do with his teenage girlfriend.
Although, it was probably Daddy's SUV, so maybe that explains it. ;)

-Ryan