Re: [DMCForum] Re: Posting FROM Marc Levy about Moderation

Re: [DMCForum] Re: Posting FROM Marc Levy about Moderation

Exactly, the whole idea of DMCForum was to be unmoderated.  SO LET IT BE UNMODERATED ALLREADY.  Just my two cents.

Chuck McKnight

Erik Geerdink <dmcerik@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:                                  Do you think i read the rules?  nope.  I don't care about them.   It wasn't until now that these "rules" were enforced, so thats why i'm speaking up.  I don't see why you guys just can't let the forum be un-moderated.  Who are you trying to protect?

   Think of the stress relief you both would have if you just let the forum run itself and stopped trying to police things.  no more late nights trying to make things right.  Just let it go.

   Erik

 Ryan Wright <ryanpwright@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
           Erik, Jon, Martin & Matt:

 The group rules have been in place since last October. Why are you just now
 voicing your opposition to them?

 "Trolling will not be tolerated"

 "Once a warning has been posted, it is no longer open for public
 discussion. This includes any commentary about moderator actions. If
 you have a complaint, contact the moderators privately."

 Marc isn't happy with the list rules. Instead of discussing them with us in
 private, he dragged the entire list into it. He was asked to stop, he
 refused. I don't see the problem here.

 But, please, now that we're already embroiled in the discussion, tell us why
 you aren't happy with the rules that were established last year and why you
 waited so long to speak up.

 What about the other 338 members here? Do you feel the same as Marc, Erik,
 Jon, Martin & Matt? Now is the time to voice your opinion.

 -Ryan