[DMCForum] MODERATOR ANNOUNCEMENT

After a lengthy discussion, the moderation staff of the DMC Forum has
decided to invoke a permanent ban against Marc Levy for the following
reasons:

1. Marc's repeated attempts to drag the moderators, and others on the Forum,
into arguments ("Trolling") after being asked to stop.

2. The inappropriate and inflammatory content of public and private messages
sent to the moderators in response to requests that he cease trolling.

3. Marc's refusal to abide by the rules that the group voted to put in
place, which he agreed to do.  When a thread is requested to be closed that
is the end of that public discussion and it needs to go off-list.

This ban was unanimously approved and enacted by the staff of four
moderators on 7/17/2006.

Folks, this is not an action we took lightly. Marc has a lot of positive
things to contribute to this community. However, after he was placed on
moderated status last week for not following the rules and refusal to take
the discussion off-list, his follow-up messages showed his intent to
continue the fight on-list.  These off-list discussions lead us to believe
Marc had no intention of stopping.

Everyone else is welcome to send questions and comments regarding this
action directly to the moderators at DMCForum-owner[at]yahoogroups.com.  For
the betterment of the group, we would like any necessary discussion to be
off list.

DMC Forum Moderation Team

http://us.click.yahoo.com/2pRQfA/bOaOAA/yQLSAA/HliolB/TM