Re: [DMCForum] Posting FROM Marc Levy about Moderation

Re: [DMCForum] Posting FROM Marc Levy about Moderation

Yeah, I'm not one to side with Marc very often, but I'd have to agree with him on this one.

Chuck McKnight

Jon Heese <dmcforum@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:                                  Hmmm... Here's my take on this.

 I agree with Ryan on a lot of issues (although moderation is definitely
 not one of them) and I think he is a very decent, intelligent guy.

 Marc is also clearly intelligent, though a little quick to jump into
 controversy sometimes.  All the same, I see that as nothing to hold
 against him.

 So let it be known that I have no axe to grind with anyone here, nor
 have I been in private contact with anyone here (in the last 4-6 months).

 However, on this one, it sure looks to me like most of the facts that
 Marc states below are more or less accurate.  As far as I see it, the
 motivation to ban Marc from posting is far from a public mandate and
 sure seems on the surface to be in violation of the rules quoted by Marc
 below.

 I suppose that if my actions in this post are in violation to a forum
 rule (do forum politics count?), I'll happily leave it alone here, but I
 think what Marc brings up below bears discussion.

 Thoughts?

 Regards,
 Jon Heese

http://us.click.yahoo.com/XISQkA/lOaOAA/yQLSAA/HliolB/TM