[DMCForum] Just got back from DCS...

Just when you think you've heard all the stories about trips home from DCS there's one
more...

I FINALLY got my Delorean back to Maryland safe and sound on Saturday in its new
garage.

I stayed a week later at Ryan Brandys' house and drove to Pittsburgh last week. Friday, we
drove the Delorean back to MD. I drove the Delorean, and Ryan followed in my Cavalier.
We left around 4:30 and got 10 mins outside of Pittsburgh before we had decided to stop
to get gas and a bite to eat at Olive Garden. There was insane traffic so we thought it
would be best to wait it out.

We get an hour out of Pittsburgh, past Washington down Rt 79. All the sudden I hear a
loud grinding noise and struggle the car over to the shoulder. Ryan sees me pull over and
pulls over too. I get out of the car and see that the drivers rear tire is shredded. Ugh! So I
bring out the spare "donut" and Ryan and I jack up the car with the DeLorean Jack. As
we're struggling to install the spare, a cop pulls over behind us. Doesn't offer any help,
just gives us shit about being too close to the road. 15 mins later, we get the spare on, the
cop leaves and we get back on the road traveling slowly.

Only a few feet up the road, we pull over to realize the spare tire is flat and off the rim.
That's right, the spare - which was properly inflated - fell off the rim after 15 feet.  It was
time to call a tow truck. It's around 7:00 Now. We call the insurance company, and my
parents, to get numbers of tow truck companies. We were about 15 miles north of
Morgantown, WV. The insurance company puts us on hold for a looooong time. The guy
on the phone barely knew how to work a computer. So we call Doug's towing company and
are put through to a dispacter. Ryan and I calculate the prices to tow the Delorean to
either Pittsburgh or Morgantown; Morgantown was our best bet. The lady says she will call
us back and get us a tow truck. Ryan specifically tells her we need a flatbed. An hour later,
still no tow truck or call back. Ryan calls them again and the lady says she never sent a
tow truck! Again, Ryan tells her we need a flatbed AGAIN and we wait. We get a call from
the driver and he says he's on his way with a wrecker. Ryan tells him, no we need a
flatbed. Finally the driver calls back again and he's on his way with a flatbed. Finally,
around 11:00 PM the tow truck arrives. We sat in the car for four hours before anyone
helped us!

It was about 1:00 am before we were able to finally get a hotel and sleep for the night. The
next day the towing company was able to get the correct tire size - a 235 60R 15 - and
put it on. The car made it home Saturday on the new tire with no problems.

And of course, we took pictures of our little adventure... :)
http://community.webshots.com/album/551907746BqZndr

Oh, and I'm pretty excited about DCS '08! Gettysburg is only 30 mins from my house! :)

Tiffany Olejnik
Vin#3691