Re: [DMCForum] A/C cutting out

When the compressor eats itself, there are usually
metal fragments that get pushed down the system.  They
tend to get stuck in the orifice, and
receiver/dryer(accumulator).

I'd replace the orifice any time the system is open,
it is cheap and does tend to catch any crap in the
system.

If you want to do it "right", the accumulator should
be replaced as well... although if you pull a vacuum
and leave it for a few hours and maybe even hit the
accumulator with a heat gun, you will get most of the
water out of it.... but not any dirt/oil that may be
in it.

DMCH probably sells it as a "kit", because it will
reduce the likelihood of you damaging a brand new
compressor that they will have to replace under
warranty.

I am surprised no one sells a clutch kit for this
compressor.  If you have an electrical problem, you
may want to see about getting just the clutch.

http://mail.yahoo.com

http://us.click.yahoo.com/2pRQfA/bOaOAA/yQLSAA/HliolB/TM