From: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Jon Heese
Sent: Tuesday, June 20, 2006 11:23 AM
To: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [DMCForum] Re: Indecent stickers

To attempt to clear the air on this:

Greg was the first one to bring up the topic of Universal confiscating
fan-created BTTF replicars.  To refresh everyone's memory, here's the quote:

"My understanding, and Gary or anyone else please correct me if I am
wrong here, is this is a very fine line to walk when recreating these
parts since Universal owns the rights to the BTTF stuff.

"If someone started mass producing these parts and selling them publicly
for profit they may step in and put a halt to this.  If that happens
chances are we will never see another one of these converted cars unless
someone pays for the rights or is able to make an agreement with
Universal.  That could also mean the currently converted cars could be
confiscated.  Barris did that to at least one fan-created Batmobile."

It's my understanding that Greg brought this point up only to answer the
condescending post by Avi about how Gary and Bob should copyright their
parts and duke it out in court.  I didn't get the feeling that he (Greg)
was claiming that the stickers were likely to cause any confiscation
trend.  In fact, here's the first paragraph of that same post by Greg:

"As I said before, we wouldn't even be talking about this if VB hadn't
brought it up.  Look at the link I posted with the picture of the car
and try to find that massive banner in discussion."

Regards,
Jon Heese

http://us.click.yahoo.com/6pRQfA/fOaOAA/yQLSAA/HliolB/TM