Re: [DMCForum] Re: Trunk cable anyone?

On 6/15/06, Mike Bosworth <mike.bosworth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  I replaced mine...only 'just because', but im glad i did it was frayed
>  in a hidden spot, maybe for £3  ( $5 ) its worth doing by all.

Oh, agreed. Mine broke and I had to fish around between the hood and
the weatherstripping for hours with a coat hanger before I was finally
able to open it. I didn't catch the latch, either - I couldn't get it
to grab with enough strength. I had installed Toby's remote trunk
actuator but hadn't wired it up, so I was able to eventually fish out
the wires from the actuator and hit them with +12v to open her up.

I wired up the actuator and installed an emergency release cable
accessible from under the car in case the actuator fails. I still have
not replaced my cable as I've just been using the actuator (much more
convenient), but I want to put another cable in the stock location as
a more conveniently accessible emergency cable.

-Ryan

http://us.click.yahoo.com/TISQkA/hOaOAA/yQLSAA/HliolB/TM