Re: [DMCForum] Re: The oil companies will not roll over and die.

On 6/10/06, Marc Levy <malevy_nj@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> So much for the "no flaming" rule.  I may need body
>  guards in Chicago.  :)

Oh, it wasn't a flame, you turkey. ;-)

>  The USA is 3,537,438 Sq Miles, and you think 100
>  fueling stations makes it easy to get?

Now wait a minute; you said "no one sells" it. I corrected you. Now
you're challenging me on the idea that it's not "easy to get". Problem
is, I never once said it was easy to get. I said it's available.
There's a difference.

For what it's worth, I agree with you. It's not easy to get.

However, you can, apparently, make your own:
http://running_on_alcohol.tripod.com/index.html

I've been digging through that site and it looks interesting. Several
hundred dollars worth of equipment and you can get E-85 for a buck
something a gallon. I'm thinking about setting something like this up,
or at least getting the permit, before someone comes along and makes
it illegal.

> NJ or not,
>  there is no way anyone can claim E85 is "available"
>  with those numbers.  Am I more correct to say
>  "practically no one sells it"?

Marc, you can't redefine words as you see fit. Well, maybe you can,
but nobody is going to debate with you if you do. Available means,
"obtainable or accessible and ready for use or service." That's it. No
clauses about being convenient to obtain. By the definition, E85 is
most certainly available.

Interestingly, there is a station about 10 minutes from me selling
E85. I pass it every day on my way to work and just discovered they
were selling the stuff yesterday. Unfortunately it's an automated
station and I don't have an access card but it is open to the public,
so I'm thinking about calling them and talking about prices. If I find
anything out I'll let you know. Would be almost worth trading my truck
in for an E85 capable vehicle if prices are below $2 a gallon.

>  Considering NJ is the most densely populated state in
>  the country, you would think this is where something
>  like alternative fuel would be more available.  But,
>  instead they sell it in the middle of "no where"..
>  Sounds like a conspiracy to me, which is what we were
>  discussing in the first place before the personal
>  attacks.

Actually, most of the E85 stations are on or near military basis and
government facilities. Looks to me like the government is helping
deploy it by first using it themselves. As people get used to it, more
stations will be willing to sell it.

>  Besides, E85 is still 15% petroleum.  WHY?!  Again,
>  why are we not using Brazil as an example and getting
>  ourselves OFF OF OIL.

I'd like to get completely off of oil, too. All of the "alternatives"
that have been proposed still rely on oil. Remember when they were
going to make hydrogen for cars on site at gas stations by burning
gasoline?? What a stupid idea.

-Ryan

Everything you need is one�click away.� Make Yahoo! your home page�now.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/AHchtC/4FxNAA/yQLSAA/HliolB/TM