[DMCForum] Alternator upgrade troubles

Folks,

I bought & installed a new 4-wire 180amp alternator tonight. It's
mounted up great and the belt is turning it just fine but I'm getting
NO power from it! I could really use some advice...

I had an original motorola alternator. There were only two connections
to it: The main power feed (8 cables going into 2 ring connectors
hooked up to the primary "batt" terminal on the alternator) and a
brown wire that goes hot with the ignition on, which I assume is the
sense for the regulator.

There were NO other wires connected to my Motorola. I was instructed
to hook up a yellow wire for the lamp light to the "L" terminal on the
new 4-wire plug. I looked all over the place but couldn't find a
yellow wire, nor any loose wires whatsoever.

So, I mounted the alternator, connected the main power wires to the
primary power terminal and connected the red "S" wire on the new
4-wire plug to the brown wire. I left the other three wires in the new
4-wire plug disconnected.

I get nothing. Zero voltage output. :(

Any ideas?? If it's just the lack of connecting the "L" wire, can
someone tell me where in the world I should start looking for that
wire? Where does it go or route from? Which wire loom does it come out
of? As I said I looked all over the place, it's not to be found
anywhere...

Thanks for any help,

-Ryan

http://us.click.yahoo.com/97bhrC/LGxNAA/yQLSAA/HliolB/TM