Re: [DMCForum] Marc Levy's "Scream Machine"

Re: [DMCForum] Marc Levy's "Scream Machine"

I think it is a bit more than 270HP.  The engine is
rated for 270 in the Maxima (stock), but I am running
headers and free-flow exhaust.  I am told that adds as
much as 20HP.

One of the problems I am working on fixing is the
intake.  I still have the Maxima intake in there, and
it is about 1/2 too high to fit the engine cover on.
I want to swap it for a 350Z intake, which has a lower
profile (it goes out in both directions instead of
one).  According to Nissan folks, the 350Z intake is
why the VQ35 is 300HP in the 350Z, and 270HP in the
Maxima....  so when I get that intake on, I will
(theoretically) exceed 300HP.

No times yet..  No track.  I got the car running
Thursday night at around midnight...  Got the first
speeding ticket Friday morning on the way to get new
tires...  I do know this, it is fast..  scary fast.

Maybe some of the folks who got rides on Saturday can
comments.  Not too many of them are on the Forum,
mostly DML people.

I need brakes now to go with it.